Why should I hire Entertainment Exchange for my event?
Here are four reasons to hire us for your event:
- Experience: We have been in the event and meeting industry for almost forty years in practically every kind of event. We understand what we are doing.
- Purchasing Power: We hire, contract or otherwise buy the services of the most creative talent for our events, and we hire them hundreds of times each year. This means that we will receive a lower price than any particular customer who tries to hire them once for their event. We’ll get you better talent at lower prices.
- Integration: We will blend our services into your event as a part of your team or as your sole advisor.
- Simplicity: We love what we do and we have fun creating event ideas and organizing events for our clients. Even the best event and meeting planners call us to hire our services. It’s easy…just call us.
Why should I use Entertainment Exchange instead of hiring directly or online?
In the recent past it was unheard of for a client to hire entertainment without the use of a trusted entertainment or talent agent. However, with the advent of the internet and the ease with which clients can now locate and evaluate various forms of talent, all that has changed. And, it’s not only the clients who are using the internet in increasing numbers. Scores of bands, DJ’s and other entertainers are adding their contact information and demos online in order to be found by directly by the purchasers.
So while this may seem to be getting easier to buy talent, you may be taking more risks by buying on-line. There are many services that we provide to our artists and performers, which you may not see directly.
- We are the human resources department to each artist and client we work with. If someone gets sick and can’t make a performance, we have lots of back-up performers who can step in on a moment’s notice. Also, if a performer is replaced from a band or show, we are always in the decision team to hire their replacement so that the quality of a act remains the same…the best.
- Next, we have lots of back-up for each act. We maintain a list of the top performers and most creative rising stars to offer to our clients. This is a huge help to our artists and to you, our clients. Finally, we provide financing to the most promising artists with whom we work.
- We underwrite the success of our artists by helping with their promotional material; and even lend them money for equipment or other operational needs.
Often you hear some entertainers boast that they are not available through any agency. They imply that you are somehow making a mistake if you choose to use a talent agency to help you find entertainment for your special event. When pressed they will simply tell you that if you go through a talent agency, you are paying a “middle man” who provides no real value. Nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, many of these “independent acts” (the term used for non-agency acts) are independent and don’t use an agency because they have been turned down for representation by some of the more reputable agencies in the area, either for performance or reliability reasons. Others run a fairly good business. The question is, can you tell the difference? One thing is for sure, when the lights go up and the music starts, it has to be right. We make sure, every time!
We believe that a reputable talent agency (like the Entertainment Exchange), bonded in the state of Maryland by the Division of Labor and Industry, is still your best bet because we must be very careful in selecting acts to represent to its clients. While it is true that you may be able to find some quality entertainment by going the route of the independent performer, most of the top talent chooses to be represented by an expert talent agent. Below are just a few of the reasons why you should choose to use a talent agency to help you in your search for your entertainment.
We make it easy for you. With our Knowledge and Experience, we make sure you get the best Price and Protection with the maximum Convenience.
An experienced agent knows the talent personally and will only recommend those acts that are a good reflection on the company and a good match with your needs. We want you to be satisfied so you’ll tell all of your friends and associates to call us too. In the entertainment field right now many artists are struggling and hungry for work. Many have a tendency to misrepresent their capabilities and talents in order to secure a date. You may be asking all the right questions but how will you know if you’re getting the truthful answers before it’s too late. We’ve heard of artists agreeing to provide continuous music only to insist on additional charges upon arrival. Or we’ve heard about acts saying that they will play certain musical styles and then showing up without being able to play them. Only an expert agent who has some history with the acts and who is backed by the power to offer more work in the future will be able to handle these situations and prevent such problems by negotiating effectively on your behalf.
We write thousands of contracts and, therefore, we carry a lot of clout with our exclusive acts, independent acts, as well as other agencies’ acts. As a one-time buyer, some independent acts may not be as open and forthright with you as they would be with an agency that books them many times each year.
An agency will get you the best price. All reputable independent entertainers and agencies offer their bands at the same price. Agencies do not add a commission to a band’s price, but rather the bands offer themselves at a lower net price to the agency to compensate for their marketing, sales and promotion expenses. So, a $4,000 band is that price whether you contact them directly or through a cooperating agency.
With a state bonded agency you, the buyer, are protected as your deposit for the entertainment is held in escrow until after your entertainer performs. Your protection is the aim of the agent.
An agency can streamline the process and save you time. Instead of making numerous calls on your own and following up you have only one point of contact. You receive all information on options for your ceremony, cocktails and reception, production, video, photos, etc. all from one source.
By selecting a state-bonded agency like the Entertainment Exchange, you will receive topnotch, professional service without paying any additional costs. It’s a win-win.